Raise the Roof "Trashion Show" 2020
Call for entries still open!
Make fashion from trash, or “Trashion!” Do you want to participate as an artist or fashion designer in this year’s Habitat for Humanity annual “Trashion Show?” The “Trashion Show” is held during our Raise the Roof Auction on October 2nd, 2020. Enter your design below for a chance to win a cash prize of $150 for First Place Design, and $100 for Runner-up Design.
The 2020 Raise the Roof Auction will be going virtual this year! All trashion show participants will submit photos or video of the finished outfit by September 18th for publication on social media, the Habitat auction website and as part of the live-streamed event. Winners will be decided by voting on the auction website and announced during the live-streamed event.
- Design an original outfit, individually or as a team, that’s durable enough to be worn throughout the fashion show.
- At least 75% of your outfit must be created from trash, reclaimed, or recycled material that can be safely worn on the body.
- You may use, but are not limited to the following materials: plastic, paper, cardboard, metal, glass, fabric, or other discarded materials.
- Designers must provide a model to wear their original creation during the show.
- Please include photographs of any existing work or sketches of your proposed design (this should include front, back, and side views of your design).
- Please provide a description of the materials you plan to use with your garment.
- A $40 entry fee is required to compete, and must be received by Habitat by March 30, 2020.
If you’re ready to enter your design, but still have questions, please feel free to contact Hillary Pritchard at email@example.com, or call Hillary at 360.715.9170, Ext. 2020.
If you’re ready to enter, please fill out the online application form below.