- Fundraising night at local cafe or bar/Cocktail Party- Bars, winery's and brewery’s often host fundraising nights of either a percentage of the sales or $1 from each drink.
- Wine Tasting or cider pressing event
- Mini-Raffle/ auction
- 50/50 Raffle
- Cake walk: think of musical chairs, the cake with the corresponding number that is drawn from a hat is won: entry fee to participate
- White elephant/ Treasure chest raffle
- Corporate Sponsorship of your build day
- Peer-Peer Team fundraising or crowdfunding challenge- This website has some great examples https://www.qgiv.com/blog/10-peer-to-peer-fundraising-ideas/
- Buy a board- Buy a quantity of 2x4's, and, for a suggested donation allow your friends, family, congregation, etc to write a message of encouragement and hope to the Habitat family on it. We will then use it in the construction of the home.
- Furniture Drive- "Stuff the Truck" Habitat for Humanity will park their truck at a site of your choosing, and donations; items generally sold at the Habitat store, will be accepted.
- Furniture decoration/painting to then raffle off - https://bendgarbage.com/uncategorized/habitat-for-humanity-annual-furniture-flip-event/
- Community BBQ (outdoor movie/music night?)
- Spaghetti Dinner /Pancake breakfast/ ice cream social
- Car/desk smash: have an old beat up car or an old desk you need to get rid of? Charge your friends a fee to smash it with a baseball bat (thereby relieving some of their stress). Then call Cars for Homes at (877) 277-4344! They will pick up your car free of charge!
- Bake sale/ flower sale/ lunch sale
- Bowling evening
- Cornhole (or other game) tournament- Check out the one done by the High Five Foundation here.
- Summer field day- Kids and adults- wheelbarrow race, three-legged race, egg toss, etc.
- Drive in Movie night
- Services for hire- Such as yard work
These websites have even more great, fun ideas-
Want some unique, wacky ones to inspire creativity? Here you go:
As always any new ideas that generate interest with your group are the best fundraising ideas so get creative and let us know what you think.