Home Buyer Educational Classes & Resources
We’re Here to Help Every Step Of The Way
Habitat for Humanity is best known for building houses, but we do much more than construction. We empower families to become successful Homeowners by offering classes and workshops that will help them develop a full set of tools for their futures. Future Homeowners gain much more than affordable home of their own – they are empowered for success!
Habitat for Humanity in Whatcom County Home Buyer Education Class
Speakers: Kevin Karber, Washington Federal Mortgage Loan Officer & Raeann Scott, Farmers Insurance Agent
Next Class will be Saturday, July 13th from 2pm-4pm
Location: Farmers Insurance office on 104 Prospect Street Bellingham, WA 98225.
To sign up or for more information please fill out the form below or call 360-715-9170 ext 1013
This class will explain what you may expect once you have been approved for a mortgage. We will cover how a mortgage works, what you can expect to see on your mortgage statement and help you better understand how to choose the right insurance for your family and your new home.
Class topics will include:
- Understanding your loan
- How to be a responsible borrower
- How to set yourself up for success with credit and loans
- Conventional loans vs. Habitat for Humanity loan
- What goes into your Escrow account and why
- Understanding insurance and insurance quotes
- Components of a homeowners insurance policy
- What is NOT covered
- How to pick the right insurance to protect you and your home
Kulshan Community Land Trust offers monthly homebuyer classes to help you prepare for the road to homeownership. Upon completion of the class you will earn a certificate from the Washington State Housing Finance Commission (WSHFC). The certificate allows you to take advantage of special loan products and is a requirement for any of the WSHFC’s affordable loan products. The class is free but you must pre-register. Please visit their website to learn more and to pre-register.
In the KulshanCLT class you will learn:
- How to determine how much you can afford
- How to shop for a lender
- How to shop for a real estate professional
- How to evaluate the home you want to buy