- convictions of a violent nature
- convictions for sexual offences
- anyone who has been convicted of a felony in the past seven years.
How do I get started? If you live in Whatcom County call our office at 360.715.9170. Before you can volunteer you will need to:
- provide a written confirmation from the court of the number of community services hours to be completed
- complete a brief safety training and orientation at our office in Bellingham
- complete a volunteer interest form, criminal background check, liability waiver and community service acknowledgement
You must sign in when you arrive at the work location and sign out when you leave. A Habitat staff member must initial the Volunteer Sign-In form, to verify your attendance and hours.
Please note: Habitat for Humanity in Whatcom County reserves the right to terminate a volunteer’s service if the participant is in any way unproductive, disruptive, or behaves in a way that negatively impacts the accomplishment of the daily goals.