Make a donation to our Habitat Store
Because of our commitment to providing quality merchandise, all donations to the Habitat Store are subject to staff approval so we can ensure that every item we offer is sellable, clean, and in working order.
If you would like us to come pick up your large donation, call us at 360.778.2036 to schedule a pick up!
Items we cannot accept
Our Habitat Store is grateful for the many donations we receive every day. Every donation makes a big difference in our ability to build more homes in Whatcom County. Some items, like construction supplies, find their way to our build sites. Others we sell in our Store. However, there are a few things, in the list below, that we can’t accept.
- Small amounts (less than 100 square feet) of carpet, wood and vinyl flooring
- Small amounts (less than 4 feet) of lumber and siding (please, no nails or screws)
- Small amounts (less than 10 square feet) of tile
- Entertainment centers
- Bed frames
- Particle/pressboard furniture or cabinets
- Paint that has been opened
- Outdated electronics, including tube-style televisions, old computer monitors, and old speakers
- Cable boxes or routers
- Used toilets
- Windows larger than 4 feet by 4 feet, or damaged windows, or windows with metal-frames
- Bi-fold or hollow-core doors
- Shower doors
- Unframed glass, including mirrors
- Household and garden chemicals and cleaners
- Exercise equipment
- Organs or pianos
- Fluorescent bulbs and fixtures
- Children’s toys, children’s furniture, and play equipment
- Any item that’s in poor or soiled condition with rips, stains, tears, holes, or smells
- Any item that has been recalled by the item’s manufacturer
Important note: We no longer accept paint!
Donations we accept, with limitations
The following products cannot be accepted unless they were manufactured under the current lead standards and have been certified “lead free” by the manufacturer:
- Hot-water heaters
- Other plumbing supplies used to carry drinking water
Donations we accept but cannot pick up
There are just a few items we accept, but regret we can’t pick up.
- Items weighing over 600 pounds (our pickup crews frequently include volunteers who are not trained in, or experienced with, moving heavy objects)
- Pool tables
- Single-piece hutches and armoires
Donations of metal for recycling
We accept, and want, metal for recycling. A big part of the Habitat Store mission is to support the recycling of materials to reduce waste in our community. We gladly accept the following:
- Light steel
Donations of bed mattresses
We do accept gently used bed mattresses and box-springs as long as they have no stains or tears. However, we must charge a $10 fee per mattress or box-spring in order to sanitize them.
Large pickups and move-outs
Large donations are very generous. The staff at our Habitat Store is happy to work with you to accommodate your large pickup of household items, as well as move-outs from homes and apartments. Sometimes large pickups involving many items require specialized equipment, extra staff, and more scheduling time.
Please contact Ashley Winter at 360.715.9170, Ext. 1001, or email her at email@example.com, to discuss your large donation, and to coordinate a pickup time.
Help us make your donor experience better by filling out a short survey.
Schedule a pick up online
Scheduling a free pickup of your donated items has never been easier! Enter your zip code, and either select “Residential Donor” or “Commercial Donor,” and click the “Book Now” button.
Do you have 5 or more items for pickup?
We’re always happy to pickup your donations. Please call first in order to make sure we have space on our truck.
Call Ashley Winter at 360.715.9170, Ext. 1001,
or email Ashley at: