Because of our commitment to providing quality merchandise, all donations to the Habitat Store are subject to staff approval so we can ensure that every item we offer is sellable, clean, and in working order.
If you would like us to come pick up your large donation, call us at 360.778.2036 to schedule a pick up!
We accept new and gently used furniture, appliances, building supplies, housewares, décor, and many other items.
Items the Habitat Stores CANNOT Accept:
- Small amounts (less than 100 square ft.) of carpet, wood and vinyl flooring
- Small amounts (less than 4 ft.) of lumber and siding (no nails or screws)
- Small amounts (less than 10 square feet) of tile
- Particle/pressboard furniture or cabinets if in less than perfect condition
- Paint that has been opened
- Old tube style televisions
- Used toilets
- Windows larger than 4’x4’ or damaged or metal framed
- Bi-fold or hollow core doors
- Shower doors
- Unframed glass including mirrors
- Household and garden chemicals and cleaners
- Exercise equipment
- Fluorescent bulbs
- Children’s toys, furniture and play equipment
- Any item that’s in poor or soiled condition – rips, stains, tears or holes, smells
- Any item that has been recalled by the manufacturer
The following products cannot be accepted unless manufactured under current lead standards and certified as “lead free” by the manufacturer:
- Hot water heaters
- Other plumbing supplies used to carry drinking water
Items Habitat will accept at the Store but not pick up:
- Items weighing over 160lbs (Our pickup crew often includes volunteers who are not experienced in moving heavy objects)
- Pool tables
- Pianos and organs
- Conference tables
We do accept, and want, metal for recycling!
- Light steel
Business or whole house move-outs:
We are grateful that you are thinking of supporting Habitat for Humanity in Whatcom County and we are happy to do our best to accommodate your large donation. Sometimes pick-ups involving many items require specialized equipment and staffing. We ask that you coordinate this with our staff in advance and understand that to take everything might involve additional costs for which we may request a monetary donation. Please call Hillary Pritchard at 360.715.9170 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to coordinate pick-up dates and times.