Your donations build homes!
We accept donations of new and gently used furniture, appliances, building supplies, housewares, décor and many other items.
Because of our commitment to providing quality merchandise, all donations to the Habitat Store are subject to staff approval so we can ensure that every item we offer is sellable, clean and in working order.
If you would like us to come pick up your large donation, call us at (360) 778-2036 to schedule a pick up!
Items the Habitat Stores CANNOT Accept:
- Small amounts (less than 100 square ft.) of carpet, wood and vinyl flooring
- Small amounts (less than 4 ft.) of lumber and siding (no nails or screws)
- Small amounts (less than 10 square feet) of tile
- Entertainment centers
- Bed frames
- Particle/pressboard furniture or cabinets
- Paint that has been opened
- Outdated electronics including tube style televisions, old computer monitors, and old speakers
- Cable boxes or routers
- Used toilets
- Windows larger than 4’x4’ or damaged or metal framed
- Bi-fold or hollow core doors
- Shower doors
- Unframed glass including mirrors
- Household and garden chemicals and cleaners
- Exercise equipment
- Organs or pianos
- Fluorescent bulbs and fixtures
- Children's toys, furniture and play equipment
- Any item that's in poor or soiled condition - rips, stains, tears or holes, smells
- Any item that has been recalled by the manufacturer
Important: We are no longer accepting paint!
The following products cannot be accepted unless manufactured under current lead standards and certified as “lead free” by the manufacturer:
- Hot water heaters
- Other plumbing supplies used to carry drinking water
Items Habitat will accept at the Store but not pick up:
- Items weighing over 160lbs (Our pickup crew often includes volunteers who are not experienced in moving heavy objects)
- Pool tables
- Single piece hutches and armoires
We do accept, and want, metal for recycling!
- Light steel
We do accept gently used mattresses and box-springs as long as they have no stains or no tears, however we do charge a $10 fee per mattress or box-spring in order to sanitize them.
Large pickups and move-outs:
We are grateful that you are thinking of supporting Habitat for Humanity in Whatcom County and we are happy to do our best to accommodate your large donation. Sometimes pick-ups involving many items require specialized equipment and staffing, or more time. We ask that you coordinate this with our staff in advance and understand that to take everything might involve additional costs for which we may request a monetary donation. Please call Ashley Winter at 360-715-9170 ext. 1001 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to coordinate pick-up dates and times.
Help us make your donor experience better by filling out a short survey. To show our gratitude we’ll email you a 50% off coupon to use the next time you are in the Habitat Store. Thank you!
Schedule A Pickup Online
Scheduling a pickup of your donated items has never been easier! Enter your zip code and select either Residential or Commercial below and click on the "Book Now" button.
Have 5 or more furniture items?
We are glad to take your donations, but in order to make sure we have space on our truck, please call Ashley Winter at 360-715-9170 ext. 1001 if you have 5 or more items to donate.
Alternatively you can send us an e-mail at email@example.com