Habitat welcomes court-ordered volunteers
We welcome court-ordered volunteers, with a few exceptions. We cannot accept:
- Anyone with convictions of a violent nature.
- Anyone with convictions for sexual offences.
- Anyone who has been convicted of a felony in the past seven years.
If you live in Whatcom County, call our office at 360.715.9170. Before you can volunteer, you must do the following:
- Provide written confirmation from the court of the number of community services hours to be completed.
- Complete a brief safety training and orientation at our office in Bellingham.
- Complete a volunteer-interest form, a criminal background check, a liability waiver, and a community service acknowledgement.
You must sign in when you arrive at the work location and sign out when you leave. A Habitat staff member must initial the Volunteer Sign-In form, to verify your attendance and hours.
NOTE: Habitat for Humanity in Whatcom County reserves the right to terminate any volunteer’s service if the participant is in any way unproductive, disruptive, or behaves in a way that negatively impacts the accomplishment of the daily goals.