2016 was a productive year for Habitat! We:
- Started and completed 2 rehabilitation projects (with the Chapina and Gutierrez families)
- Began a rehab project with the Lyons family
- Welcomed 3 new partner homebuyer families to the program (see here and here)
- Completed the complex mitigation process for the Leeside project and poured the foundation
- Made real headway on our Telegraph Townhomes project, slated for groundbreaking sometime in 2017
- … and more!
2017, Here We Come!
As we look ahead to 2017, our hearts are filled with gratitude for the generosity of our too-numerous-to-name donors and volunteers. Hope, too … for the year ahead, for our partner homebuyers, for Habitat, and for this community we’re so proud to call home. Our plans are ambitious:
- Build a home in Birch Bay with the Ortiz family and our dedicated Women Build volunteers
- Complete the Lyons family rehab project
- Begin 2 to 3 more single-family ground-up builds
- Break ground on our very first multi-family housing project, Telegraph Townhomes, in partnership with Kulshan Community Land Trust
- Shepherd our new partner homebuyers through the sweat equity building proces
- Grow Habitat Store sales so that it can provide even greater support for our mission to end poverty housing in Whatcom County
We Need Your Help
Without community support, all our plans are just beautiful ideas. As you make your own plans for the coming year, we hope you’ll consider dedicating some of your resources – whether it’s time, money, or expertise – to helping your neighbors achieve strength, stability, and self-reliance through Habitat shelter. Email email@example.com to learn more about volunteering at Habitat. Join the Carpenters Club by following this link and selecting monthly donation frequency. Donate to the Habitat Store. There are many ways to get involved. And together we can make 2017 Habitat’s most productive year yet!